Best Moms Contest 2013
VALLEYWIDE - Best Moms Contest
Time Warner Cable Best Moms contest invites students from grades 4-12 to celebrate the
unique qualities that make mothers special and share their own stories of how their mom is
a “Best Mom.”
• The Best Moms Contest is in its 10th year in the Desert Cities (Coachella Valley,
Beaumont, Banning and the Morongo Basin).
• Open to students in grades four through 12.
• This year, for the first time, students will be required to submit their essay or video
entry through the Best Moms website at www.TWCBestMoms.com.
• The new focus will encourage students to tell their personal stories using basic STEM
skills such as computer keyboarding and introductory video production.
• To enter, students may either write an essay or create a short video showcasing why
their mom should be honored.
• The Time Warner Cable Best Moms Contest San Diego and Desert Cities runs Feb. 8 –
March 8, 2013.
• Essays must be 150-500 words, typed and double-spaced; essay entries may be
submitted through the Best Moms website at www.TWCBestMoms.com.
• Videos must be between two and three minutes long, with the finished video
uploaded to YouTube; video entries must be submitted via the Best Moms website
and contain a live link to the finished video on YouTube.
• Entries are evaluated for creativity, style and content.
• A panel of judges from Time Warner Cable will review all essay and video entries and
select a designated number of semi-finalists.
• A panel of VIP judges, including local media, elected officials, educators and Time
Warner Cable employees, will work together to select up to 25 Best Moms from
among the semi-finalist entries and designate a student winner from each school
• One elementary, one middle and one high school student winner will receive a new
Sony Xperia Tablet.
• The winning students’ teachers will also each receive a $250 gift card for supplies to
use in their classrooms.
• Those named as Best Moms, their student and guests will be honored at an Awards
Luncheon to be held the weekend of Mother’s Day at the Miramonte Resort in Indian
Wells, CA on May 11. Moms will also receive an award and gifts generously donated
by sponsors throughout the desert and network partners.
• The Best Moms contest integrates Time Warner Cable’s “Connect a Million Minds”
(CAMM) initiative, which supports efforts that inspire young people to build the
science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills they need to become the
problem solvers of tomorrow.
• Ultra Star Cinemas
• Fisherman's Market & Grill
• Hi-Lites Aveda Salon
• Knott’s Soak City
• The Living Desert
• Cold Stone Creamery in La Quinta, Palm Springs and Cathedral City
• La Prensa
• MIX 100.5
Stop at a sponsor location or go to www.TWC.BestMoms.com for details and to enter!